Let's meet

Jay recommends


I have been an authorised marriage celebrant since 2004, having clocked up over 650 wedding in 14 years. I'm a member of the AFCC and registered with the Attorney-General's Department to solomnise marriages anywhere in Australia.

Getting Married?

Surely your wedding day is one of the most exciting days of your life. Choosing a Celebrant is one of the more important decisions - perhaps even more so than the cake! My job includes making the day as stress-free and as enjoyable as possible. I specialise in relaxed, informal weddings - with a touch of humour here and there. I do believe in the dignity of the occasion, however, so it doesn't mean infusing the ceremony with funny faces, or silly jokes. But it does include using the occasion itself and injecting a sense of enjoyment or even fun into the day. If boring or dull is your idea of a wedding ceremony - then I'm not your man!

What do we do about it?

It's a very easy process really. You should contact me either by phone or email to check my availability. If the date and time suits, we can arrange a meeting - and if you're comfortable with me, we can proceed and complete the initial legal and other documentation straight away.


Phone me now: 0418 917 016



Overseas or Interstate Enquiries

I'm very experienced in organising weddings for couples from overseas or interstate. It's not a difficult process and we can arrange almost everything by email. Your only problem may be in organising an appropriate witness for your signatures, but even that may usually be accomplished without too much trouble. Please let me know of any questions you have and I'll be pleased to reply immediately.

What you need

In order to marry, you'll need to provide certain documents for me to sight prior to the wedding taking place. You'll need to have available: original (that is, certified) copies of your birth certificates if you live in Australia, or if you're from overseas (or have only been in Australia for a short time) your overseas passport may suffice; if you’ve been married previously, you’ll need divorce documents or other documents that show the marriage is no longer valid.

If you do not have a birth certificate and cannot obtain one you should speak with me as soon as possible. In most cases, if you were born in Australia, you should be able to arrange for one in a matter of days. However, if you were born overseas, it may prove difficult. I can provide advice and a course of action provided I’m aware of your situation.

If you’ve been married before and still use your (former) spouse’s name, you may choose to use that name, the name on your birth certificate, or a name changed by official means on any documents, if you wish. 

If you have changed your name officially, you must produce any relevant documentation (such as a name change certificate) to me prior to the marriage.

Where Will I Conduct Weddings?

I'm available for any ceremonies in the Perth Metropolitan Area or nearby regional areas. Contact me anyway if you're in doubt. Perth is blessed with many beautiful places for weddings - from parks and reserves to function centres, hotels, wineries, yacht and other sporting clubs and resorts. I'm always happy to offer suggestions if you need them. Of course, many couples marry in the comfort and security of their own homes.

About Me

My background is in professional performance and education. I have been a director, actor, singer, variety artist and writer for more than 30 years, and I also spent a few years as a teacher of English, Theatre Arts and Acting. I like seeing people enjoying themselves, and weddings can provide that opportunity. Like many actors, I use a photo taken when I was being silly. This is still me, but I can be a little more serious if you'd like me to be! There might be other shots around this site...

Contact Details

Address: 17 Pavonia Heights, South Lake, Western Australia 6164.


Mobile: 0418 917 016


Vow Renewals

If you have an anniversary approaching, you may wish to renew your vows - or give yourselves the wedding you didn't have originally!

A Vow Renewal Ceremony is often just like a wedding - except for the legal requirements. They can be fun, relaxed and casual - or indeed more formal and structured. I'm happy to discuss ideas and plans at any time.

Commitment Ceremonies

Sometimes it's not convenient or legal for people to actually marry in accordance with current Australian law. In these cases, couples choose to have a Commitment Ceremony - again, very similar to a wedding but without the legal components. They can be just as much fun, just as enjoyable - and just as meaningful as a wedding.